This year has brought many changes for me and my family. We have been fortunate to be able to work remotely and afford to keep in relative isolation. I have been given time to consider how I move through and engage with the world. So far this year I have experienced:
- Shift in work environment, moving to remote
- Passing of a loved one
- Isolation from friends and family as health precaution
- Remote schooling for a primary school student
- Mindful reduction in social media consumption, weaning off of twitter.com
- Bike rides and golfing
- Continued study in systems administration, dev-ops, and software development
Like many, I think, I have a nagging sense of civic/environmental doom that colors my experiences. I am starting to actively seek affirmative and positive things. Before, as a younger, busy person, I’ve tolerated the world sort of washing over me and grabbing onto strings in close proximity. I don’t want to cast about any longer.
So, not unrelatedly, I want to start documenting some of my notes and work, posting things that I think could be interesting or helpful to others as well as an outlet for writing for myself. I’m learning the ropes with Jekyll to revamp my portfolio and write.